AddonPeds 3.0 by Meth0d
4. Adding Peds
6. Credits & More
Thanks for downloading AddonPeds, a mod that allow GTA V users to add new peds/skins to the game without replace any file. Here are some things you need to know before we go to the next steps.
1.1 - Upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0
If you have AddonPeds 2.2 already installed you don't need to reinstall the whole mod. All you need to do is:
- Replace the old PedSelector.dll with the new one and use the new AddonPeds Editor.exe, remember to remove the old AddonPeds Editor.
- The dlcpacks/addonpeds/dlc.rpf keeps the same, you don't need to touch that.
- Check if the dlclist.xml contains the addonpeds line.
1.2 - If I upgrade to 3.0 I will lost my installed addon-peds ?
No, you won't. AddonPeds Editor 3.0 automatically recognizes all your installed peds.
1.3 - Where do I put/install AddonPeds Editor ?
AddonPeds Editor 3.0 works in any directory/part of your PC, but I recommend to put it on GTA V main folder.
1.4 - Hotkeys
In the game, press "L" to open Ped Selector Menu.
1.5 - Keep in Mind
- Everytime you add, edit or delete a ped you must click on the "REBUILD" button.
- The search system of AddonPeds Editor is case-sensitive. So 'spiderman' is different from 'SpiderMan'.
You will need the following mods/tools installed to run AddonPeds:
3. Installation (Using mods folder method)
- Open scripts folder, copy PedSelector.dll and paste into your GTA V scripts folder (YOUR GTAV FOLDER\scripts\)
- Open dlcpacks folder, copy addonpeds folder and paste into (YOR GTA V MODS FOLDER)\update\x64\dlcpacks\)
- Start your OpenIV and Enable "Edit Mode"
- Go to: (mods\update\update.rpf\common\data)
- Extract dlclist.xml to somewhere
- Using a text editor, open dlclist.xml and add the following line before the </Paths> line:
- Save and import the edited dlclist.xml to OpenIV (in the same path of dlclist.xml)
- Run AddonPeds Editor.exe as administrator and click "REBUILD" button. Done!
- Hotkeys - In the game, press "L" to open Ped Selector Menu.
4. Adding Peds
Before we start, keep in mind that GTA V has two types of peds, the normal and streamed peds.
Aware of the ped differences, let's start! Follow the steps to add your addon-peds to the game.
- Normal peds: in the format modelname.ydd, modelname.ytd, modelname.yft, modelname.ymt.
- Streamed peds: contain folders, in the format: modelname(folder), modelname.yft, modelname.ymt
- Have an addon-ped model.
- Using OpenIV, turn "Edit Mode ON".
- Import ped files to: (YOUR GTA V Mods Folder)\update\x64\dlcpacks\addonpeds\dlc.rpf\peds.rpf
- Run AddonPeds Editor.exe as administrator, go to tab "Peds -> New Ped"
- Fill the form values (Ped Model Name, Ped Type, Is Streamed) and click "Add Ped" button.
- After that, click "REBUILD" button. Done!
5.Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Here are some questions about the mod:
Q: After game update the mod stopped working, why ?
A: Everytime the game updates the dlclist.xml file is 'cleaned' and all mods lines added are removed. All you need to do is add the <Item>dlcpacks:\addonpeds\</Item> line again.
Q: When I die or get arrested my ped changes to Michael, why ?
A: This happens to avoid the game crashing. In fact, you can not die using a character other than the main characters.
Q: Do I really need PedSelector.dll ?
A: Well, no. You can change the ped model using another trainer like Simple Trainer, but PedSelector lists all your added peds in a fast way.
Q: I still have some questions, what can I do ?
A: Use 'Talk to Meth0d' form on my website to talk to me. I would be happy to answer you!
Q: What is the limit of addon-peds the mod can handle ?
A: I really don't know, some users have more than 50 peds working fine, others 30, others only 10.
6. Credits & More
This mod was developed by Leo a.k.a Meth0d in order to be useful in some way for GTA V players and modders.
Do you want more GTA V mods ? Visit meth0d.org and download all my other mods (peds, tools, maps, weapons...)
If you want to support my modding stuff feel free to be my Patreon, visit patreon.com/Meth0d.
Want to show some gratitude ? Make a Donation via Paypal, any value is welcome, this will help me to keep updating these tools and also modding.
Follow me on social networks, I'm on: Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.
2016 - 2017 © All Rights Reserved | Meth0d - http://meth0d.org